Friday, August 1, 2008

Howdy to all, it's been awhile, but here are some more photos I captured along the way. I hope you enjoy them. A Sunset over Denali after we left and on our way down south. We thought about the old saying "red skies at night, sailors delight, so we parked for the night.The next day, wow, Sunshine, and Mt. Mckinley in all it's glory. Photo below at 400 mm. A wide angle view of same. Mr. Bald Eagle. It was almost dark so a little dim on light. Ah, Finally, a sunny day, Two in fact. These photos were on the Resurrection river, outside of Seward, where Digby and I dry camped for several days. Great spot. These two photos below were on the way down to Seward. The Grizzly Mom and cub wandering through the wet grass looking for food. The Elk below is the only one I've seen this close, shot with 400 mm lens. The road in the park, rough and muddy. Denali National park, would be beautiful on a sunny day. Dall sheep on the mountain side, long ways away. Shot with a 200mm lens. This is the only ones I have seen. The photos above are in Denali Natl. pk. The best I could do with no sunshine. The Gull seamed to be following me around and posing for pictures. Pretty bird. I am really disappointed in how few birds I am seeing here in Alaska, VERY FEW! >>>>>LATER<<<<<

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roy, yes, it has been sometime. Thanks for the great pictures. Am enjoying the trip with you. Take care and be safe. Love, A & H.

Unknown said...

great pictures, glad you are having a good time

Anonymous said...

Roy, great pictures, keep em coming..
Glad you finally got some sunshine.
Enjoy the rest of the trip..
Joe

maggiegracecreates said...

Even with the low light, these are beautiful. I sure do wish I was there to see all of this too. Did you take the train through Denali? That is on my 100 things list to accomplish before I die.

Glad you are having a good trip.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for a trip down memory lane. Travel safe and hurry back to Rainbows End.

Anonymous said...

Roy,

Glad to be a part of your trip, via the internet...keep the pics coming. Be safe and enjoy!

Alan