Saturday, August 23, 2008

Howdy folks, I have been doing a little roaming around Montana but mostly getting some much needed rest after the long trip out of Alaska and through Canada. I finally found a place to get my equipment cleaned . You would not think that would be a problem, wrong. I am in the Rocky Mountain "Hi" RV park , in Kalispell, Mt. A very nice park with all the perks and you can wash your rigs. I will be heading East on Tues. 8/26. The photo above was on the way to Tok, Ak. from Glen Allen. The local group outside the saloon in Chicken. Notice the coats, this was in August. The dirt road out of Chicken to the Canadian border 40 miles away. Thankfully it didn't rain but very dusty. At the Canadian border at sundown, looking back over Alaska. This is called "Top of the world road", it runs along top of the mountain ridge at up to 6000 ft. It was cold and windy. Same picture, the next morning, as the one above without the sign in it . Digby and I spent the night here because the border is closed at night. When they worked on the roads, this is the way they would leave them, Muddy when wet, very dusty when dry, and flying gravel. Yes, I got my token souvenir, a cracked windshield. The double rainbows are neat. Rams on the side of the road in the Canadian rockies. Mountain Goats. A big bull Elk feeding just off the road side. A very pretty animal. Coming down into Banff, Canada. Beautiful, that's all I can say. Mama Elk and her two babies crossing the road way. A lot of water going over these falls. The green lake water and the brown mountain just seemed to go together real well. Well the Alaskan trip that I have looked forward to, read about, and watched everything I could find on TV, is now history. You have seen a sampling of the photos I captured along the way. I will be posting my overall opinion of he trip shortly, it is now 1:30 am and I do H & P typing, too late to start it now. I will try to get it posted Sunday or Monday. So, until then,>>>>>LATER<<<<<

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Roy, great pictures!! Keep them coming. Glad to know you are back in the Great USA. Keep on keeping on and know we all enjoy your pictures. It's so humid here but no rain yet. The muscadines are now ready.

Love, Ann & Herbert