Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Howdy to all, just an update today. After leaving the North Pole last Wed. I have not seen the Sun more than 2 hours all total. From Thurs. evening until Sunday AM, I parked about 30 miles out in Denali park, with no hook ups, rained the whole time with lows in high 30's and highs in high 40's. Lots of mud. I made one trip all the way back into the park on the shuttle buss, not much to see in those conditions. The animals were staying put and no birds not flying, except the gulls. I did see one Grizzly bear with her cub and some Rabbits. I moved into Riley camp, at the entrance of Denali, Sunday AM and will be leaving tomorrow AM, Friday. As good as my new solar sys is, it has just been keeping up with no Sunshine. The furnace has been running day & night, and with lights, yes it is getting dark earlier, and the water pump, there is not enough power to use the computer for pictures. They will have to come later.My Canadian friend, Digby McLean, which I met in Livingston, is up here and brought a Birthday cake with him. Thank you Digby. Tomorrow I will be heading back down toward the coastal areas and exploring some of the side trips along the way. It sure would be great to have some Sunshine and get some good photos along the way. I am still hopeful it will happen. >>>>>LATER<<<<<

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roy,

We are so hot & dry here...would enjoy some rain along with cooler temps.

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MANY MORE TO COME!!! WAS NICE OF THE FRIEND TO BRING A BIRTHDAY CAKE.

Hope each day will be better for you. Take care and be safe. Do keep in touch. Love, Ann & Herbert.

Anonymous said...

Hi Roy, a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
Cindy & Joe