Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hello folks, I got into Tok, Ak. last night, I think it was night, it was still light out when I went to bed about 11:30 pm. I was one tired puppy. The roads I traveled for 3 days were VERY rough. This photo shows the results of the road condition after traveling through construction sites. If it had not rained they would wet the road until it became muddy to keep the dust down, but some had neither and were very dusty. Most is pavement but lots of frost heaves and dips, and there were some good spots too. So far everything has held together, but I did see a first last night, when I opened the freezer door I found several ice cubes had bounced out of the trays. Anyone coming behind me, "do not come up hwy 37 from Stewart to hwy 1". It took me 12 hours driving time. Most of the way I was from 2 mph to 35 mph. There is no services except one gas station about 150 miles south of hwy 1. Three of us pulled in there at 6:00 pm, two going south and me going north, the woman was closing and would not sell us any fuel. I ran out about 40 miles south of hwy 1, no traffic on this road, it was 48 deg. and raining. There was nowhere to pull off the road so I turned on my flashers and prepared myself to spend the night. In about 1 1/2 hours I saw head lights, it was a construction worker with a tank of fuel in back of his truck. He sold me about 5 gal. I think he was another one of my Angles, they sure do look after me well. It had a good ending, as most things do if you think positive. That was one thing, there are many good ones to over shadow those kind, which I will post as soon as I get the photos ready. I have some good ones to show you. >>>>>LATER<<<<<

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure is good to hear from you. Wish travel had not been so rough. We pray there will be much better days. Take some time to get some much needed rest. We thank God that he has assigned an angel to watch over you. We keep you in thought & prayers. Be safe. H & A.

Anonymous said...

Hey Roy, it was bad enough to run out of fuel, but than to tell the whole world..... :)
Joe

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are really having an adventure out there! Wish I was with you. Watch yourself and continue to have a great trip!
Alan