Sunday, June 15, 2008

These photos are south of Haines junction, BC. after sundown where I came upon the snow. I was told the next day that it was very unusual for it to snow in June. It was very pretty, and cold, 38 degrees at the time the photos were shot. I spent the night in a pull off along the side of the road. As you can see, it was almost dark from the heavy clouds. The rest of the photos were shot the next morning with a little more light. The way the light was on this mountain made it and the clouds appear silver. Very pretty! This was along side the road coming around a curve. I went by it before I could stop safely, so I turned and came back for the shot. It reminded me of the old line shacks in the western movies, if it only had a couple of horses tied up out front and smoke coming out from the chimney. Beautiful drive! I have been staying at Tok, Ak. catching up on some rest and also waiting on Ty, Brenda, and Derek Martindale to catch up. They should be here tomorrow, Sunday. Not much here and very little to take photos of. I did get the truck and trailer rinsed off. I was going to wash them but only have access to coin type wash at $3.00 for 10 min. It cost $9.00 just to knock off the loose stuff with high pressure. Oh well, things are different away from the big cities. >>>>>LATER<<<<<

3 comments:

maggiegracecreates said...

Hey uncle roy, Ann gave me the address here. I'll be back to catch up on all the archives. Hope you are having a great trip.

Teresa and Charles

Anonymous said...

Roy, we enjoyed these spectacular pictures and was great to hear from you. Enjoy yourself.

Ann & Herbert

Anonymous said...

Roy,

Just got a chance to see your site. Great pictures. Where are you at now? I keep googling your location to see where your posts are from. Can't waite to see more pictures, keep them comming. Also, thanks for telling us how to enlarge the photos. I have an electrician coming in this weekend 6-20 to start wiring the shop. I am trying to get the drywall up so I can get machinery in. If you get a chance to call, I would enjoy hearing from you.

Keep enjoying your dream and posting pictures.

Your friend
Ken